Identifying and reaching your target audience is one of the most important parts of a digital marketing strategy. You can have the best digital marketing strategy in your industry, but if you aren’t reaching your target customers, it will go to waste. Connecting with your audience can be tricky, but there are some things you can do to help.
Start By Defining Your Market
The first thing you will need to do is define your target audience. There are several ways to do this, but one of the most effective is to create a customer profile, otherwise known as a buyer persona. A customer profile is a simple outline of your customers that includes:
- Demographic data like age, gender, and location
- Economic information like education level, employment, and income
- Personality profile including their values, goals, and aspirations
- Consumption preferences like shopping habits, influences, and taste
You will also want to think about their objections too. What would keep them from buying a product? What do they dislike? Once you have a profile put together you can begin researching what channels work best for reaching them.
Defining Your Marketing Channels
Once you know who you are looking for, it’s time to investigate where to look for them. There are several ways to do this including:
- Research Your Current Customers: Take a look at your current base of customers. How do they shop with you? What marketing campaigns worked in the past? Once you know what works, you can begin focusing your energy on those channels.
- Look At Your Competition: Do a little bit of competitor research. Look at the marketing channels they are using to reach customers. Are you also using them? If not, then you should consider trying them.
- Use Analytics Tools: There are so many analytics tools that can help you determine your marketing channels. Google has a great set of tools that can help. Studying these analytics can help you identify the shopping behaviors of your audience and connect with them on their preferred channels.
Once you have a good idea of where to sell, the final piece is to determine how to sell to your target audience.
Creating A Targeted Marketing Campaign
Once you have identified your target audience and where to find them, you’ll need to begin strategizing a comprehensive marketing campaign that connects with them. Start by defining your value proposition. What products and services do you offer? How will they add value to your customer’s lives? You can also begin by identifying problems your target audience has and offer them solutions through your products or services.
At ignitedLOCAL we can help you define, reach, and connect with your target audience. We work with businesses across a variety of industries and know-how to help them capitalize on their ideal market. We’ll help you create a customer profile, identify the channels they use, and create great content that will inspire them to do business with you. Give us a call today to get started selling more online!